Monday, October 03, 2005

Happpy New Year!

MG's been looking forward to the ritual Rosh Hashanah apples and honey since, I swear, last fall. Somehow for specialness it ranks even above ice cream or cupcakes or lollipops.

We had some tonight in the special Apple-and-Honey-Dish from my mom. Mmm. I guess I can see what she means. Apples! Honey! What else does a person need? Ben & Jerry's should make an apple & honey flavor, I think. They can name it some play on words based on Shanah Tovah.

Wishing everyone a sweet, safe, joyous and peaceful New Year.

***Update: I've got it! the flavor name! It's...wait for it...

Shofar, So Good!

Um. Ba-dum-pa.

Look, they've got Cherry Garcia and Chubby Hubby. And some silly Mafia-based name that I forget, for some new flavor. How much worse could this be?

Okay. Going off to synagogue now, to atone for my sins. Of which making bad puns is apparently one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spanglemonkey said...

SNort! I love that! They could put little pieces of matzo cracker in, too. And wine!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I hope Ben and Jerry are reading this blog. That idea is a keeper!

7:27 AM  
Blogger LilySea said...

If you write the petition to Ben and Jerry I'll sign. Sounds delish.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home