Monday, October 11, 2004

Maybe we should have named her Madison

Perhaps subconsciously inspired by this event, I dreamed last night that Mir, Anna, and I all got together to hang out, along with our children. I think we went to the park.

In reality--especially since we live in three different corners of the country--this will probably never happen. But you two might like to know that we all had a fine time. The kids got along, too, as well as I can recall.

At the end of the day, as we were getting into our separate cars to go home, I realized that for the entire afternoon we'd been calling the children by their blog aliases, and I still didn't know their real names.

I woke up wondering if I should be calling my own kid by an alias. I always figured her name is so common that it's unlikely anyone unwanted would happen upon this site by searching for it, but on a whim I asked her if she wanted a nickname on my blog. and (surprise, surprise) she does.

So, be it now proclaimed that my offspring hereafter shall be known on this website as...[drumroll, please]

Mermaid Girl.

Not what I would've picked, but hey, I can see it has a certain something.

1 Comments:

Blogger elswhere said...

Are you really thinking of moving?? Yes, I'm in Seattle. Please let me know if you want any info on our green and gray part of the world. We could go to the park for real, maybe ;-)

I hope I didn't seem to be fishing for kids' real names in the above-- I really wasn't. It was just this weird part of my dream. TLM's name is great, though. But it is unusual. I can see why you don't want to use it in your blog, just in case.

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home