Saturday, October 01, 2005

More deep literary thoughts

I've decided that to make up for not posting all week (on account of working all day and then picking up my kid and then making dinner and then packing lunches for all 3 of us and then, gosh, somehow I just can't pull it together to write anything coherent, imagine that) I'm going to post whenever I think of it all weekend. Have a thought? Write a post!

Thought of the moment:

MG insists that Miss Clavel owns the school Madeline goes to. But if she's a nun, I don't think that can be possible. And if she's not, what's with the habit? But if she is, why do they call her MISS Clavel, not SISTER Clavel?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For that matter, shouldn't nuns be called Mrs. Jesus, or something like that?

5:59 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

Hah! Mrs. Jesus! Or Mrs. Christ, I guess, if you're being formal.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Rosie Bonner said...

Princess of Peace?

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, y'know Christ wasn't his last name. It's Greek for Messiah, which means the One Who Has Been Sent. (My wife's a Lutheran minister...just damn amazing what one learns that way.) This also makes me wonder what the Greek is for She Who Must Be Obeyed...

But anyway, that fact is also mentioned in Christopher Moore's Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend which is a book I would anoint with the Greek for Not To Be Missed. If I knew it.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In "Madeline's Rescue" a "selection of trustees" turns up for the "annual inspection." The guys who made the live-action movie of Madeline took this ball and ran with it, putting the school under the ownership of Lord Cucuface (he's the trustee who kicks out the dog in "Madeline's Rescue"), whose dying wife (no, she's Not-in-the-Book) grew up in the house that becomes the school. (ask a silly question....)

e wein

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home