Wednesday, November 11, 2009

An Amazing Drawing

Right! So, then I folded some laundry, and then I went to work, and then I came back, and RW took MG to her piano lesson instead of me doing it so I could get something done from my list, and then I made dinner (roast vegetables, mmmm), and then things were better although really should I be this sleepy when I just slept 10 hours last night?

Well, tomorrow is a Day Off so we can Remember, and maybe in addition to remembering I will take a nap.

In the meantime, here is an amazing drawing from K. Beaton, who is the author/cartoonist behind Hark! A Vagrant. She was commissioned to create this huge picture of famous people in Canadian history. And I even know who a bunch--maybe a quarterof them--are! (There's a list underneath the picture if you want to match likenesses to names.) I am becoming more Canadian by the minute.

Okay, I only know about Louis Riel because kids keep coming to the library to ask for information on him for reports. Apparently he is a popular report topic. I'm not sure if he would've approved.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Arwen said...

Also, Geddy Lee!

9:05 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

Yes! I was going to point him out, especially for Rachel, but I forgot: Hey, Rachel, Geddy Lee is in there!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home