Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Grumpy little post

Okay, first the bad news:
  • The slight sniffle and cough I had has metamporphosed overnight into a full-fledged and nasty cold.
  • Likewise, the slight lead for Yes on 1 in Maine last night has solidified into a loss for our side.
  • As one Facebook friend said this morning: "[My] humanity is not up for a vote, but thanks for your opinion, Maine."
  • I am running Book Club at work tonight, and so cannot call in sick.
  • The book we're discussing has lots of food in it, most of it totally impractical to serve at a book club meeting, so I will be making corn muffins this morning. Between coughing bouts. And trying not to infect the sweet old ladies who will be eating them.
  • There are Renovations happening at work, so the Book Club will be meeting not in our very own program room, but at the Community Centre across the way. On the second floor. Which means getting Circ to let me have a book cart (mostly requisitioned as part of the renovations) so I can cart all the Book Club stuff over.
  • RW and MG also have nasty coughs. We're just generally wrecks over here.
Now the good news:
  • Um...well, there's Washington State. I guess I should be happier about I-71 passing. Baby steps, right?
  • I guess I could skip making corn muffins and just buy them.
  • RW ordered me a new iPod last night.

Right! And you?

6 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

Didn't Maine used to belong to Canada? Isn't it ours by right? I'm just sayin'.

11:21 AM  
Blogger rachel said...

Also sayin: Get better! All of youse!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I vote "buy them". I'm even buying the boy's birthday cake this year. Who has time?

Also, feel better! Despite disgusting votes.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Buy them.

Also, sending you many hugs.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous cheesefairy said...

Blergh. If there was ever a time to buy corn muffins, it would be now.

Well, yesterday. Sorry I'm so late.

Get well soon!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Actually, Maine used to belong to Massachusetts. We should probably take it back.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home