Thursday, November 09, 2006

Unofficial Thursday 13

Unofficial because I'm too lazy to link to the great Thursday Thirteen Clearinghouse.

13 things I am happy about this week:

1) You know about this one.

2) Also about this one.

3) This one, too. I'm not even going to link to these three. Because if even someone like me who lives under a rock and gets her news from blogs knows about them, you probably do too.

4) On Tuesday, I got to meet Shannon! And Nat! And even the elusive Cole!

5) They are all really nice in real life, too. Nat is even cuter than she is on Shannon's blog. She is at my favorite age of toddlerness and it was all I could do not to just gobble up her toes. But I refrained because I could see that she is a person of immense Dignity and if I did that she'd probably remember and boy would I be in trouble in 35 years or so when she's President.

6) Despite having just had a big fit wherein she threw a marker at me, by the time we got to the election party where I was to get to meet them, Mermaid Girl was the picture of politeness, and chatted with Shannon about school and ballet etc. and even agreed to pose for a picture with Nat "if we can get Nat to stop moving." Ah, yes. We had the same trouble with you once, young one.

7) Tomorrow! I get to take a train to Portland!

8) To see Big Lilly and her mom! Really she is not very big. But to MG, she is big, since she is 12.

9) MG LOOVES Big Lilly. So much. So much it makes my heart fill up, because I remember when MG wasn't born yet and Big Lilly was the age MG is now, and Lilly and her mom painted Renaissance Woman's stomach (with MG inside it) for the Fremont parade, and gave us our first baby clothes. And now they're like cousins. She's so happy to get to see her that she can barely contain herself.

10) The sun has gotten the political pathetic fallacy memo and has been shining intermittently for the past three days. I needed that.

11) RW got the new Ayelet Waldman mystery from the library and finished it and let me read it and I gobbled it right up and it was gooood.

12) MG is learning to read! She came out of the bathroom and read me most of a story from her Spider magazine that she'd apparently been poring over while she was in there.

And the #1 (well, #13, but really #1) thing that is making me happy right now:

13) The eFBeI sent my fingerprints back with a clear criminal history! Finally! Maybe they read my post from a few days ago and felt bad. You think?

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

1 and 2 are House and Senate, I'm guessing. What's number 3? Arizona?

Hooray for MG reading!

Hooray for all of it, actually.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Oh! Duh! #3 is Rumsfeld.

8:39 AM  
Blogger elswhere said...

You got it, liz!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cornocopia of goodness!

7:42 PM  
Blogger purple_kangaroo said...

I love it when blogger meetups turn out well!

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home