Sunday, November 05, 2006

In Which I Indulge in a Few Literary Links

A long time ago, I found this quiet little book-review blog called Book Buds, specializing in incisive and thoughtful reviews of children's books. It was one of those specialized, under-read, consistently good blogs. Checking in was like being at a great used bookstore where there was hardly ever anyone else around and I could sit in the aisle and read as long as I wanted.

Then, a month or two ago, the proprietor, Anne Boles Levy, launched the Cybils: the Children's and Young Adult Bloggers' Literary Awards. And all of a sudden, things are hopping over at both blogs, with readers and commenters galore, including some famous (well, famous to me) children's book folks. Yikes! Well, I can now say I Knew Her When.

Anyway, nominations for the Cybils go on for another week or two, so if you've read some good kids' books lately with 2006 copyrights, go on over and nominate!

Also, I don't think too many people read here who don't read Phantom Scribbler, but in case you don't know, she's hosting an online book club--no, two book clubs!-- two weeks from now. So if you're inclined to read either So B. It, by Sarah Weeks, or The Midwife's Apprentice, by Karen Cushman, please do, and go on over there on the weekend of 11/17 to discuss.

It's embarrassing to admit this, as a librarian, but the truth is that I'm not much of a book club person; I like my reading private and personal. But this is one book club I'm completely up for. If it's anything like the Wednesday Whining comment threads, it should be great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Thanks for the plug, elswhere!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home