Saturday, October 22, 2005

Can't think. Head too itchy.

The bathtub grout is still not quite hardened. I mean the caulk. I looked it up and really it's called caulk.

Some website recommends letting it cure for A WEEK OR TWO. And some other site said that if the stuff is too old it might never cure at all, no matter how long you keep it dry.

Did I mention we have only one bathroom? With only one bathtub/shower in it? And that I can't function very well without my daily shower? It takes the place of coffee in my morning routine.

So imagine me with caffeine-withdrawal-equivalent twitchiness. Plus, weird sticky-out hair.

4 Comments:

Blogger LilySea said...

I have to tell ya, I was really wondering about the grout! I was picturing you degrouting your whole tub with a little spatula!

Quite the task.

5:12 PM  
Blogger susan said...

Ah, one of the longest seasons of our homeownership was the one that involved the leaky bathtub, the need for caulk, and the rewallpapering necessary after the leak. I don't envy you.

These sorts of projects do feel awfully satisfying once they're done, though.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A week or two? We've only ever given it 48 hours....

2:50 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Some website said to let it cure for a week or two? What did the packaging on the product you used say?

Caulk should remain somewhat supple and soft, but not sticky. If you are waiting for it to get hard like the stuff you had to scrape out, you'll be waiting a long long time. :)

Suzanne

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home