Sunday, July 31, 2005

My other wife

Many of you may not know this, but I am a bigamist. Some months ago I was so taken with one of Jo Spanglemonkey's posts that I impulsively proposed to her. To my great honor, she accepted.

It's true that we've never met in person, but that didn't seem to be an impediment. Of course, she is already married, but then so am I; both of our main spouses appear to be admirably secure and unthreatened by this arrangement. In fact, it emerged rather quickly that I'm not even Jo's first spouse-on-the-side; her oldest friend, Ms. Jane, is her Senior Wife of long standing. But I am proud just to have a place in the Spanglemonkey harem.

So, since I can't wish her Happy Birthday in person today, I've taken the liberty of composing an Ode to Jo on her Non-Stop Birthday Party Extravaganza Delight! blog. Go on over there or to her main site and wish her a happy day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First the gripping drama of the poly-coming out stories at BlogHer - now this! When will the ripples cease to spread! 8-)

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny!

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am now several days into my 40th year. It sure is different. Dang! Thanks lil' wife!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home