Monday, May 16, 2005

So thrilled, I can't stop linking

Hey, guess what, I won a contest! That is, I co-won it along with two other people who wrote amazing posts, in whose company I am honored to be. (The people's company? The posts' company? Either. Both.)

Oh boy! I'm really excited. I know I should be playing it cool and not bragging, but honestly I never win anything--anything!--so I have been doing little happy jigs all day.

Now go visit the newly bald Jay's site and Kim's site and Joshilyn's site. And enter Blogging for Books next month! It's fun, even if you don't win. I should know; I've entered before and didn't even crack the top 7, but I found some great blogs, and several great readers-- some of whom have become friends-- found this site.

And go visit this woman's site. And buy her books. (She's the one who gave me A Little Princess, with the Tasha Tudor illustrations, for my seventh birthday.)

This is better than winning an Oscar, because you can't link to people when you're making your Oscar acceptance speech. Also, which would you rather win: a statue, or a signed copy of the #1 Book Sense Pick for April?

Considering that I'm addicted to text, and have next to no visual sense, you can see that this is a no-brainer for me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

3:17 AM  
Blogger witchtrivets said...

Oh yay! I loved that post on so many levels and
I've been thinking about it for the past week or so and I am very happy to know you are getting extra credit for it. Because it was not just about a book, but about so much of what I think you write so eloquently about all the time: family, living in the moment, making connections, and literature, too.

Congratulations!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Lioness said...

Yey, kol hakavod!!! I agree, much much better than the oscars!

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home