Thursday, April 28, 2005

Dad, This is for You

Hey, how come no one's written any comments on my stunning and hilarious posts about our NYC trip?

Oh, I haven't written any posts. Jeez. Details, details.

Right. Well, we just got back last night. It was hard to post while I was there on account of the previously-mentioned single-parent gig. My dad (hi dad!) is now a hard-core Booland fan; every time I got near the computer for five minutes he would say something like "Are you posting? Are you posting??" But I couldn't concentrate for long enough to write anything; all I could think about most of the time was something along the lines of "Is Mermaid Girl eating anything? Is she already exhausted even though it's only 10 in the morning? Is she about to have a meltdown? Should I take the stroller today or make her walk all over the city? Am I letting her watch too much TV? Am I spoiling her? Maybe I'm spoiling her."

Then she'd yell from upstairs, where she was watching "The Music Man" for the seventeenth time while eating her daily breakfast of corned beef and shredded cheddar cheese. "Moooommmmmyyyy!" she'd bellow, and that would take care of even that tenuous train of thought.

We've been home together all day and have pretty much happily ignored each other. Life is good.

Okay. Have to go unpack now. Then I will write something about our trip that isn't about MG's dietary or sleep issues. Honest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosie Bonner said...

Hey, welcome home! Which of course is an absurd thing for me to say, since you were vastly closer to me when you were in NYC than you are now. And yet... Oh, cyberspace is so confusing.

Being a single parent while travelling is tremendously stressful. I've done a fair amount of it, and have invariably found it just exhausting. Now you need a vacation.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home