Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Take a Picture, it Lasts Longer

The title of this post is a tribute to my daughter's first wisecrack, which took place just over three years ago, when she was about sixteen or eighteen months old. I swear, she was little.

We'd been having some cuddle time, but she was getting restless and kept hiding under the covers. I started crooning cornily about how I just wanted to look at her, and she locked me with an utterly serious gaze and enunciated as slowly and carefully as she could: "PIC-SHUH."

"You want me to take a picture of you?" I checked.

Nod, nod.

"So I can look at the picture instead of you, and not bother you?"

Vigorous nod.

This is the nature of parenting: your kid totally snaps on you, and all you can do is beam with delight.

Anyway. busy times, over here. What with the re-acclimating to the World of Work, and the writing of the monthly book reviews, and the mounting pile of laundry, and all. I have lots to write about-- our trip, plus the remains of the Question Meme--but it will have to wait.

Meanwhile, here are some photos from Hugh Crawford, otherwise known as Spouse of Only the Blog Knows Brooklyn. He took them the Sunday before last, April 24th, at his monthly free-potrait gig at a little clothing store/cafe called Fou le Chakra. (He's doing it again in a few weeks. If you're in the city, you should go!) My dad, Mermaid Girl, and I stopped by briefly between seders, to pose and meet Louise/Only the Blog. Can you find us?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

I tried, I swear I did, but you're hard to spot! She's grown loads, compared to the pic your mum shoed me - LOADS.

Now I am depressed bcs you all photograph beautifully. granted, the photographer seems to be a bit of a genius but YOU ALL LOOK AMAZING. Most unfair.

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how very nice to get to see what you look like...put a face with a name! that Mermaid Girl is just too dang cute! thanks so much for sharing it with us!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

OMG, how darling is that girl!?!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow-- MG is just bee-yoo-ti-ful! The photos were all a ton of fun!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all look super. Very Manhattan, even with the pink. And your dad, of course, the daddest of dads but wearing black nonetheless.

--Angela

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home