Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Other People's Lives, plus some Silly Angst

Hey there. I'm back. Didn't mean to be gone so long. Between my mom visiting and RW being sick (and sleeping in the computer room with her sniffles and stuffed nose and miserable headache, poor thing) there hasn't been much chance to indulge my addiction/habit/hobby.

I have been lurking around, though. Lots going on in Blogroll-land. People reading banned books. People cyber-chatting and and battling the forces of spam. People's kids getting sick and acting up. People experiencing unspecified bad things which I hope get better soon, and not just because I miss having new writing of theirs to read. People having fun and exercising at the same time. Never a dull moment out there.

Of course, O Reader, if you're reading this you've probably been reading most of those cited above, too. Or even writing one of them. If so, I hope anything yucky is getting better and anything hopeful is continuing to be so.

I've been working on a 100 Things list but then read Jilbur's and suffered a fit of self-consciousness: hers is so well-written! And she sounds so nice! Mine seems to have an unhealthy emphasis on weird and/or self-destructive things I did as a kid. And shouldn't I put in more about how I love RW and Sarah? But won't that make it boring to anyone who's not RW or Sarah? And what's a 100 Things list for, essentially? Is it things you want people to know about you that they wouldn't know otherwise? Or the most important things about you, whether or not the casual reader would glean them elsewhere?

Also, mine currently has 108 things on it and is only getting longer. That can't possibly be good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Jilbur! Wow. She's got the blogart down. Now I have to go look at your 100 again. 108, I mean.
Kate http://mkate.bravejournalblahblahblah

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but WHERE is it? I could have sworn I saw your 100 at some point? Because I have a picture of where you live from it? Huh. Maybe it was your partner's?

confused Kate

5:13 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

I didn't mean nice in a bad, dull, way! I didn't! I meant... oh, never mind.

I get called intense a lot too.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home