Sunday, September 12, 2004

On the Nerdy Librarian Front

A few links from Library Land:

This post from Michael McGrorty pretty much nails all us Literature Addicts. Someone e-mailed me a version of it a few years ago, but I never knew who wrote it. Now all is revealed.

A play that could have been written just for me, via Jessamyn at Librarian.net. And it's coming to Seattle this fall! When my mom will be staying with us and can babysit!

And on the homefront, someone has at last blogrolled me! O joy, o rapture unforseen! Thanks Suzanne, I'm honored. I'd like to thank the Academy, etc. etc.

I do worry, though: is life (mine, anyway) only an endless search for validation via popularity? Will I never get over having been a nerd girl in junior high? is "checking blog stats" merely the grownup version of "counting little paper valentines in my mailbox?" Except I only got to do that once a year. I can check my stats any time! Hey, I think I'll go check them now...

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow! I'm your FIRST? The first person to blogroll you? Wow. I feel so special. Who knew?

And we all know what a special place one's First anything holds in one's heart.

It's good for me too, babe.

(I hope you can hear the humor behind these words... please tell me you can hear the humor! I so hate to laugh alone. But I will if I have to!)

2:57 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

I am so totally laughing with you!

I was gonna be all cool about it, like, "Hey, I get blogrolled all the time, I'm on so many blogrolls I can't even keep track," but I am just not cool like that.

Come to think about it, I had the same problem back when I was attempting to date: terminal uncoolness.

La de da, back to counting valentines ;)

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day!

~Genuine

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd blogroll you but I can't figure the damned thing out. OOOOo but I can list you somewhere. That okay with you?

Kate http://mkate.bravejournal.com

8:45 AM  
Blogger elswhere said...

Kate, that would be so cool! Thanks. [Not sure whether to leave this here or on your site]

1:12 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

You're on my blog list.... Have been for a little while. I've been a silent reader for a bit now!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home