Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Some Perspective

It is Multiple Deadline Time again at That Job, and so I am sitting here freaking out. Every once in a while I slink over to my email and send something job-related, which relieves my anxiety just enough that I can return to surfing the whitehouse.gov website and reading the press briefings.

Yes, it's come to that. I can't tell if that's because I'm that desperate to procrastinate or the workings of the Obama Administration are that fascinating, or both.

It does, however, make me exceedingly grateful that of all the career paths I could have chosen, I did not pick the one(s) that might have led to me becoming the White House Press Secretary. Just the job I would least like in the world: to stand up every afternoon at 2:00 and have a mob of people yell and harangue me for information that I either don't know or am not supposed to give out.

Yup. It makes That Job seem not so bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously. I don't know how he keeps his cool. I saw part of the briefing today; he was wearing a weird pink tie with almost psychedelic boxes. Maybe he hoped to hypnotize the press?

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home