Sunday, January 25, 2009

Equation for a New Day

What do you get when you combine

The Mermaid Girl's newfound obsession with the movie Mad Hot Ballroom and all related dances, especially swing, merengue, and rhumba

+

The adorable orange ukelele that the Renaissance Woman gave me for Jul, after I saw another librarian singing and playing one to excellent effect at a storytime workshop and became convinced that I Must Have one

+

A happy sunny relaxed Sunday morning when none of us had to go to school or work

+

This priceless typo-d headline, and the inspired comments below the post?

Well, I'll tell you what you get. You get RW and MG dancing a box step rhumba around the living room, while I strum along to accompany them (F chord, G chord, C chord, F chord) and we all sing, to the tune of "Guantanamera":

"GUAN-tan-na-mo Bay,
I'm closing GUAN-tan-na-mo Bay,
GUAN-tan-na-mo-o-o-o Bay,
I'm closing GUAN-tan-na-mo-o-o-o Bay!"

[pause for giddy peals of laughter, and repeat]

6 Comments:

Blogger Tall Kate said...

This is fricking hilarious. Bet you'll remember this forever!

4:21 PM  
Blogger susan said...

That is too funny.

Have you seen the youtube clip of the Fox commentator talking about how intimate the Obamas are, listing "fisting" as one of the things they do together? Another sort of language mishap.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

outstanding.

7:29 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

Pam-- Did you see the comment that said something like "whatever song it was, I'm sure Obama gave an extraordinary rendition of it?" hee hee.

susan-- ROFL! That word, I do not think it means what they think it means...

Kate-- thanks; I hope so!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Did you know...that I went to summer camp and high school with him?

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one ton tomato song!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home