Monday, November 03, 2008

As I hastily shove the metaphorical dirty dishes into the dishwasher

I snuck onto my email from work and found that lo and behold I'd been linked to by Andrew Sullivan. So, welcome, Daily Dish readers! Hi! Come on in! Don't mind the mess! Or the kid clutching the weird pink beeping electro-pet and doing cartwheels in the corner!

ETA: Turns out the same post was also linked by Cosmic Variance. (thanks for the tip, Rachel!). So welcome also Cosmic Variance readers! I don't think there have ever been so many physicists and politicos over here, separately or combined. Here, have some leftover Halloween candy!

Also, if you've a mind to, it's not too late to donate to the efforts to defeat Proposition 8. It's really important. Thanks.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were linked to by Cosmic Variance, as well, but I guess physics blogs don't carry quite the same cachet...

2:24 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

OMG Rachel, that's so cool! Thanks for telling me! (The only reason I knew about the Andrew Sullivan link is that someone mentioned it in a comment. I live under a rock.)

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott reads Cosmic Variance religiously, and the other morning he said to me, "Who is Mermaid Girl?"

"Els's daughter's pseudonym, on her blog," I said.

"That's what I thought. Then why is she on Cosmic Variance?!"

Because someone at U of W knows you, apparently. So, yah, you blew Scott's mind.

3:26 PM  
Blogger susan said...

Linky love--very cool!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Tall Kate said...

I'm thrilled you're posting every day! I laughed my way through your first couple of days, here, and am looking forward to more. Yay cool bloggers!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Andrew Sullivan sure has good taste.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm one of the folks Els left behind in Seattle -- friends from MG and my daughter's preschool. I'm a big Els/RW/MG fan.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home