Thursday, February 14, 2008

lolspeak app

The candy and flowers and cards have all been mutually distributed, and we all told each other we love each other, and now RW's doing dishes and MG's cleaning her valentine detritus off the couch before the Roomba comes to get it.

And me? I'm working on the cover letter for the job application that's due tomorrow, since my wonderful job ends by fiat of grant expiration in a month and a half and I've, you know, gotten into the habit of eating regular meals.

Here's my rough, writer's-block-beating draft:

Hai Librarry Peepulz!

Pleez axcept mah applicashun for branch libraryn. I likez bookz. I r a wiz with the internetz. I haz experyunce with story tyms. Lykewiz, schul visets.

I r good with the publik. Crazy peepulz? I cn deal with dem. Little kidz? No prob. Teenagurs? I LUVZ teenagurs. Esp. for lunch. (burp!)

I can has job?

Kthxbai,

elswhere

Do I have a shot at an interview, you think?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They iz gonna ask if you has bukket, lulz!

Srsly, gud luck!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

lol lol lol lol lol

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U gotz job! Get 2 wrk, lololol!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd hire you. Cuz, "crazy peepulz? Icndealwith dem."

If you can do that, well....

3:23 PM  
Blogger susan said...

u r 2 fun-e.

8:25 PM  
Blogger L K C J said...

Ai don't spk lol...yet!

But I love to picture you reading this letter, and will insist upon it when next we meet!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Applicant;

Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider feline applications for the position of librarian, due to their odd desire for using non-standard, invisible, equipment.

However, we are looking for a mascot.

Do you shed overmuch?

Thank you,
H/R, Desired Location Library

10:17 PM  
Blogger asiatown77 said...

Yo you library lovin' fool, I'd shurely hire ya in like a minuet but wurst we is be needin' to schedule an intervieee. Kall me at 972-666-1212 b't'ween fhour and five toonite.

Toodlereneino,
Lib staff doode.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home