Bah Point Roberts
1) Unclear Google Maps directions such that I got lost, ending up in freaking NEW WEST and losing precious time
2) An hour-plus wait at the post office, such that I couldn't wait as I had to get back to town for a meeting, and
3) There was a stamp machine, but it only took coins. No credit cards, not even U.S. paper currency which I happened to actually have in my wallet.
4) everyone said to go to the supermarket, they have stamps, but they were out of stamps.
5) I'd noticed a private mailing-service place on the way down to the post office, but they had crazy waits too, people lined up out the door, so I had to bail on that too.
6) I had to drive to downtown and pay for parking so I wouldn't be late, instead of taking the skytrain as I'd planned.
A pretty much wasted day. Except for the cheap gas and dairy products I picked up while down there. And, well, I guess it was a cute charming little town, or would have been if I hadn't been hyperventilating the whole time I was there.
And now I know how to get to Point Roberts, so in future I will only be going to New West ON PURPOSE.
Am going to try Blaine tomorrow and go in late to work. I don't know why I'm so desperate to get our cards out, but I am.