Friday, December 21, 2007

"No, no, you have to haggle!"*

The Mermaid Girl is pretty good at math. But she's still working on some of the basics, as the following exchange will demonstrate:

Me: So, what do you choose for a vegetable?

MG: Oh, I don't know.

Me: How about...25 frozen peas?

MG: 15!

Me: Uh-uh, I'm not negotiating down from 25. If you want to negotiate, I'll start at 30. How about 30 frozen peas?

MG: 15!

Me *already thinking ahead to what I'll do if she falls apart when I won't back down from 25 to the midway point*: 29.

MG: Um...27!

Me *whew!*: Done!

*Identify the quote in the title for a fabulous not-yet-identified (because not yet decided on) prize!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm claiming the prize; however, so as not to spoil the fun, I'll let the readership continue to play along. (I have sent my prize claim to elswhere via email.)

8:41 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

Aha! Well, Slimandslam will be getting his prize, but I'm leaving the contest open for a second prizewinner as he has an unfair advantage. [if I'd thought of it, I would've specified that anyone related to the prizegiving authority is disqualified, but, since I wasn't that organized, both slimandslam and you--if you know the quote--shall benefit.]

8:51 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

I know, I know! Something Monty Python... Life of Brian? Am I not supposed to post it here?

10:39 PM  
Blogger susan said...

So, are you going to reveal the answer for the clueless rest of us?

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home