Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cover Me, I'm Going In

Thanks for all the commiseration and encouragement, O Invisible Friends. Your comments popping up every few hours helped me to get through this extremely long day.

We have two more very long days ahead of us, and then we leave by the dawn's early light on Sunday, with hopes of pulling in to the New Apartment in Nearby Suburb by mid-afternoon. We now have 2-way radios for the drive (well, they're somewhere in the house-- I think at the moment they might be under a pile of laundry). We enjoyed trying them out at the zoo the other day. I seem to be compelled to shout "Breaker, Breaker" into mine at the beginning of every conversation and "Over and out" when I sign off; RW kindly ignores these tics.

I have mapped out a route that involves the 24-foot truck in a minimum of left turns. (As I might have mentioned, it is very hard to make left turns in Vancouver.)

The cable modem people are coming tomorrow morning to take away the cable modem, so this is it for now-- I'll be back online when we're north of the border.

Over and out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Oh no! I have selfishly been loving your packing travails, because they have sparked some of my favorite blog posts ever.

Safe travels to you all!

7:20 AM  
Blogger susan said...

Remember my story about the two-way radios. I wish you and Renaissance Woman a happy and calm drive, but if either of you finds yourself screaming into the two-way radio, "EEELLLLLSSSSSWWWWHHHHERRREE" or "RRRRRRWWWWWWWWWW," remember to take your finger off the little button so the other person can actually respond.

I'll look forward to blogging from the other side of the border.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for us! Yay for us! It's like birthday presents, only it's elswhere and RW and MG.

Good luck on the road.

"The Great White North: it's the beauty way to go!" - Official welcome from Bob and Doug Mackenzie.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous, safe trip.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Have a safe trip and remember to tell us all about it when you're back online!!!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home