Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Such a Refined Child

My turn to do bedtime tonight. Mermaid Girl decided the fun thing would be to LICK me, or at least threaten to, when I tried to tuck her in.

Me: No, no, no, don't lick me!
Her: Yes, I'm going to lick you! *sticks tongue out threateningly*
Me: No, no, licking is for puppies!
Her: I'm a puppy! Arf! Arf! Arf! *pants and lolls tongue in a bright-eyed puppyish way*

[break while I refill her glass of water]

Her: Can I give you a smooch on the nose?
Me: Um...
Her: *smick* [giving me a cute little peck on the nose]
Me: Oh!
Her: Did you think I was going to lick you? Well, I didn't!
Me: No, it was a nice kiss on the nose.
Her: A little bit of slobber tried to come out, but I stopped it.

5 Comments:

Blogger LilySea said...

Ah...the blog is the new baby picture in the bathtub, is it not? At last we can publically record moments that will someday send our adolescent children to their rooms for week-long, embarassed sulks.
heh-heh-heh!

I agree that the daddy post was a thing of pure genius. And I recommend Brain, Child magazine. I have read so many things in there since I subscribed that are almost good, but fall just short of their promise. Yours would be right on the money. Send them your post. It's awesome as is.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Mir said...

MG and Chickadee were indeed separated at birth. Please don't tell Chickie she has an Uncle Skaterboy, though. She'd pack up and move outta here faster than I could blink. ;)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Spanglemonkey said...

WHY WON't this let me comment! Aaaaargh! I have attempted at least three times!

Anyway. I second or third the notion that you need to send out things like that post on father.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the bio-dad post but feel for your poor puppy post, with all its comments intended for someone else. It's like the girl in a quasi-brat-pack film, played by Molly Ringwald whom we're supposed to believe is unpopular, who thinks the cutest boy in school is asking her out but he really just wants her to pass a message on to the popular girl. So I loved the slobbery puppy post. Why doesn't that girl have a dog? Go get her one.

--Angela

4:01 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Ah, another four-year-old female human puppy! I have one myself. Mine has no interest in having a dog; she just wants to be a dog, which involves lots of crawling, barking, licking, and eating dry cereal ("puppy food") from a bowl on the floor.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home