Sunday, January 09, 2005

Weekend Update #2: Awards!

Still getting hosed in the BoBs: I'm proud to say that after a week of voting, Travels in Booland is solidly in second-to-last place in the GLBT category. If you want to see if the Readers of Travels in Booland have the power to bump me up a place or two, you could vote here between now and Januray 14th. (And hey! You can vote every day! I checked and it's okay. Okay, stopping before I rhyme any more.)

But I'm not too worked up about winning, because:

1) Even at second-to-last place, I've never seen traffic this good. True to the BoB Founders' intent to bring more attention to little blogs (like this one), I've been getting lots of visits ever since making the finalist list. Of course, most of those are probably people browsing the LBGT list who stop by just long enough to wonder how the *&^%@! one of those Dreaded Mommy Blogs snuck into the category; but hey, I'm not proud. I'll take an ego boost any way it comes.

and speaking of ego boosts...

2) I won a Spanglemonkey Award!

Spanglemonkey

Best Nuclear Family Without a Y Chromosome Among Them in the Seattle Area But So Much More Besides Blog, 2004!

*Sniff* I'm so happy.

Just go visit Jo and you can win one too--she has a garage full and is giving them out to everyone who invites her over! The "I Eat Dinner" Award and so many others are still up for grabs.

Or you can swipe the award button and give yourself an award. What a woman. What a blogger.

7 Comments:

Blogger Spanglemonkey said...

What a woman! What a tan! Hee. I will go vote in the real award...

6:54 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm voting I'm voting! Glad to see you promoting the vote a bit though. Sometimes people need a little nudge to remind them. :)

5:16 AM  
Blogger heather said...

i am one of your new bob-initiated visitors and you're my favorite new find in the LGBT category, so i just voted for you. :-) not cuz you're the snarkiest, which we queers can certainly be good at, but because you seem to be focused on what's important. i likey.

oh and as of right now, you're in 7th place so you're moving up! :-)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I want a spanglemonkey award even though I so don't qualify. Just really like them monkeys.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

and now I'm losing posts too.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

OHHHhh cooollll. . I just figured out there are TWO ways to bother else! Yippee!

4:53 PM  
Blogger elswhere said...

Hey Kate-- Wow, you're everywhere!

Everyone qualifies. That's the beauty of the Spanglemonkeys ;-)

I don't know how to trackback either. Or ping.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home