Friday, November 28, 2008

Proof of actual illness: forgot to title this post the first time around

Bad news: Sick.

Good news: Not THAT sick, no fever, but sick enough that I have a headache and occasional chills and my eyes hurt and the muscles between my nose and mouth hurt (what's up with that? I've never noticed that before) and the thought of trying to do anything or solve any problems makes me want to weep.

Bad news: Had to CALL IN. I HATE calling in. Why is it that I always feel like I'm lying when I call in sick, even when I actually AM sick?

Good news: Get to stay HOME and lie in bed and nap and drink tea, which is just exactly all I feel like doing.

Bad news: If I'm not better by 4:00 or so, I will have to CALL IN for tomorrow, too. To a different supervisor, who is not as sympathetic and makes people call their own subs, even sick.

Good news: Benefits! So, sick pay!

Dilemma: Is the sick pay worth the guilt? I think so. Will sleep on it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dood! Do not feel guilty calling in sick! Stop that silliness right now!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

old fashioned here, and a big believer in keeping ones germs to oneself. especially in a library! do it for the patrons!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Tall Kate said...

Hope you feel better soon! Renounce useless guilt!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I hope you're feeling better!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home