Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My First Day of Packing

[with apologies to Harper's Bazaar]

Boxes I packed today: 10
Boxes yet to pack: approximately 190
Days until the moving van comes: 14
Minutes I drove to get to a meeting about a possible religious school at our synagogue next year: 35
Messages I had received to say that the meeting place had changed and was now another hour's drive away: 0
Meetings I actually attended tonight: 0
Interest MG has in attending any kind of organized religious school: Negative infinity
Interest I have in endless arguments and rousting her out of bed on weekend mornings: also negative infinity
Chances that a religious school will be organized and she'll go to it next year: anyone's guess
Cost of gas per liter when I filled up on my way home: $1.41&1/2
Boxes the Mermaid Girl packed today, of her own free will: 2
Times I nagged her to finish cleaning her room and go to bed: 6? 7?
Hairsbreadths I was from banging my head against the wall in frustration at her dawdling: 1
Percentage of my To-Do list accomplished today: approximately 50, not sure, can't find the list
Percentage I anticipate completing tomorrow: er, 20?

Times today that I have wondered how anyone ever moves anywhere or indeed gets anything done: countless

2 Comments:

Blogger susan said...

I bestow upon you the title "Blogger Extraordinaire of Moving ." You can pick up your sparkly tiara once you're settled in your new place, so you don't have to pack one more award for this round. A considerate process I run, yes?

Now i need to close this window before Curious Girl starts wondering whether it's HER sparkly tiara getting awarded in this process. We movers woudn't be so devious now, would we?

And a question for you: would your Roomba cleaning technique work on the packing front, too?

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new house!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home