Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Interlude: Selective Memory

*Ring! Ring!*

Me: Hello?

My hometown friend Nell, a/k/a Little Latke's mom, who also went to the same summer camp as me: Guess who I'm going to see?

Me: Uh...I don't know?

Nell: I'm going to see Joe Schmeggege! He's doing a reading!

Me:...

Nell: Don't you remember Joe Schmeggege?

Me: Uh...no?

Nell: He was Pippin! At camp! You were in Pippin that session!

Me: Yeah, I remember Pippin. I just don't remember Joe Schmeggege.

Nell: Well, what about Harry Whoever? He was in it too.

Me: Nope.

Nell: I can't believe this. Do you remember anything from Pippin?

Me: Why, yes. Yes, I do. *I proceed to sing several entire songs from Pippin, which shall be excised here to protect the innocent and the show-tune phobic*

Me: ...Gotta find my cornerrr, of the skyyyyy!

Nell: Okay, fine. I gotta go now. Love you!

Me: Love you! Bye!

*I pick up the phone and call Nell back*

Me: Join us! Leave your fields to flower! Join us, leave your cream to sour! Join us, come and waste an hour or two...doodle-y do!

Me: *more excised Pippin lyrics, with Nell joining in on the chorus*

Nell: Okay! Okay!

Me: You can't see me, but I'm doing the hand motions, too.

Nell: Fine. But you really don't remember Joe Schmeggege? Or Harry Whoever?

Me: Not in the least.

Nell: What about the girl? Do you remember her? [NB: There is only one girl in Pippin. No, wait, two. There's his wife and his mom. But Nell meant his wife, I just know it.]

Me: Oh, I totally remember the girl.

Nell: You don't say.

Me: See, that's because I'm a LESBIAN. You're bisexual, so you remember EVERYONE.

9 Comments:

Blogger S. said...

I went to all-girls camps. And yet...and yet...I suspect you are *so* right about this one.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

*snort*

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

(back to lurking :) )

3:30 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

What Miranda said.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the old song goes,
"It ain't necessarily so."

Some people are bisexual but can't remember ANYONE. :-)

RW

6:11 PM  
Blogger susan said...

I'll sing Pippin with you anyday. Just as soon as I stop laughing, that is.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am theosexual. I only remember gods.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama said...

Hahahah! Pippin! Be Seated!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what miranda said

7:15 AM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Bwahahaha!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home