Sunday, February 11, 2007

Kicking and Screaming

"For there was that law of life, so cruel and so just, which said that either one must change, or pay more for remaining the same."
--Norman Mailer. For real.

I HATE change. For the last several years I've managed to tuck myself into a nice comfortable rut life in which I deal with as little change as possible. But there are signs that that time is coming to an end.

Even Blogger thinks so: I was kicked onto New Blogger today, whether I will or no. And it seems to be fine so far.

RW ordered me a new computer today. It should be coming within the next couple of weeks. This is good because my trusty old museum piece of a laptop, on which I'm typing this very entry, has shown signs of imminent demise. And the new one will be better, faster, stronger, lighter, snazzier. And have a DVD drive. Still, nothing is without bumps.

And there are more changes coming, one way or another. Bigger, better (or maybe worse) changes.

The very thought made me so sleepy that this afternoon I lay down and took a nap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

(o)

Change and I, we are not friends. So I sympathize. Especially since my laptop has been playing "guess when I'll give up the ghost" games with me for months now.

5:54 AM  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I can empathize. I don't handle change of any kind very well.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having been in a situation not too dissimilar from your a few years ago (although I think you may have even more uncertainty, if that's possible!), I feel your pain. But it does get to a point where you're in a new, improved rut, and you think... well, you think "Thank god that's over with!"

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home