Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Littlest Existentialist

Much vacation- and Mermaid-Girl-related posting to catch up on. But first, a brief word from our sponsor, who this week is apparently Jean-Paul Sartre:

Mermaid Girl, *weeping*: Camille took down my special boxes and opened them up! Even though I told her not to!

Camille's Mom: Camille, your friend Mermaid Girl is saying something that you need to listen to.

MG: Camille, *sniff! sniff!* I don't like that you took down my *sniff!* special boxes.

Camille, *calm and slightly condescending*: Well, MG, one day we'll all be gone, and your special boxes won't be here, so why do you care?

MG, Me, and Camille's Mom: ?!?

12 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Coulter said...

Hell is other children. ;-)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Oh. my.

I laughed so hard it hurt.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

That's far too deep for a simple woman like myself!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Zoicks!

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice try, Camille.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes...

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superawesome genius philosopher! I'll send her my spare copy of marcus aurelius!

She's a stoic not an existentialist!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Curse your slippery slide fallacy! Sophistry won't soothe my hurt feelings!"

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(...or, er, make that a *slope*.)

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Wow. Just. . .wow. I have one like that. He still wears black but at least now he's old enough to fit the existentialist angst ticket.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Mary Tsao said...

I love what Mrs. Coulter wrote! haha! How true.

What do you say in a situation like that?

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home