Saturday, December 18, 2004

A Cautionary Tale, With Many Capitalized Words

I am sick. Right at the start of Winter Break, yet. I am hacking and coughing and blowing my nose and in general feeling like crap. Bleah. Of course it's my OWN DAMN FAULT because I stayed up too late EVERY NIGHT THIS WEEK. Why? Why? Why, oh why, didn't I go to bed early just once?

And there appears to be nothing in the medicine cabinet that causes drowsiness, aside from some old tylenol with codeine left over from when Mermaid Girl had her tonsils out last April, and I don't really want to take that. Codeine, no, not quite desperate enough for that.

I ask you, what is the point of cold medicine that doesn't cause drowsiness? Especially if you finally went to bed early hoping to knock this cold thing away and then woke up at FIVE IN THE MORNING?

If you, Dear Reader, are reading this late at night, because some link brought you here and you felt compelled to follow it and are now about to click on all the links on my blogroll to see what other reading material is out there in the vastness of the Internet, before heading back to your own blog to see if anyone has commented in, say, the last ten minutes: welcome, kindred spirit. Thank you for coming to visit. Please say hi, and save this link if you are so inclined. And then learn from my sad story and GO TO SLEEP.

5 Comments:

Blogger Spanglemonkey said...

Poor you! Aspirin. Aspirin works too. Do not despair!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One word: Benadryl. Whether or not you have a cold it will knock you out. I paid all this money for some Sominex once, got it home, read the label, and guess what its active ingredient is? Yes, you guessed it.

--Angela

8:47 AM  
Blogger LilySea said...

1/3 cup water, heated to just a boil
3 tbsps honey
3 tbsps lemon juice

stir together in a mug

add 1/3 cup whiskey

drink it while it's hot, with a couple tylenol on the side

It's the only up-side of illness.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

But staying up late is fun. :)

Hope you are feeling better soon, so you too can again enjoy staying up late!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

This dear reader has all your same problems so don't you ever take any advice from me, ya hear? xo

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home