Work Work workworkwork
Good things that happened:
- Saw some people I like, most of whom seemed to be in a similar state of shock about being back.
- Had a good conversation about books with a kid I've had clashes with in the past.
- Discovered that my one faithful summer parent volunteer has finished almost all the inventory.
- Put a couple of kid volunteers to work and thus got a few projects polished off.
- Cataloged 20 books in a language I don't know.
- Saw the new schedule. It's not the worst but there are some problems, and they probably won't get solved in a way I like.
- Asked the Tech Guy what's up with the software update he had assured me would be done while I was gone, and got a bullsh*t blow-off answer.
- Talked with a [usually very supportive] administrator about a new employee policy I'm not thrilled with, and got a sort-of-defensive blow-off answer.
Oh, and I am going to put a note in my Outlook calendar to remind me to reread Catawampus's posts on behavior management, especially Part 2, on a regular basis. Thank you, Kim.