Thursday, June 28, 2007

Many happy returns, John, old pal!

I'm backdating this post so I can pretend I wrote it on my actual birthday, instead of, you know, a couple hours after its official end.

Do you know who else has the exact same birthday as me? John Cusack. I think of him every year on this day and wonder if he's having a happy one. Now John (I can call him John, since we share a birthday and all) is 41 years old, same as me.

High point (both literally and figuratively): Finally getting to the top of the Space Needle, after seventeen years living in its shadow. Now I'm truly ready to leave Seattle.

Low point: Having Words with the Mermaid Girl at the top of the Space Needle about whether she needed to get a special drink at the snack bar too, since I was getting a Diet Pepsi. Her argument that it was a special day for her too because it was her six-and-five-sixth birthday was not well received. But we did both get drinks (and overpriced bags of potato chips) in the end.

Another high point: MG and the Renaissance Woman gave me this! And I must say (really, I must say, because certain people will be highly disappointed if I don't) that I was utterly and completely surprised, especially since MG has been making a special point lately of mentioning, apropos of absolutely nothing, that it sure would be nice to have Volume 2 of The Electric Company around, and it's too bad that you can't find it anywhere! Not anywhere! Darn!

Yep. They all do tend to blur together after a while, birthdays, but this was a pretty good one. I hope John can say the same.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
And many, many joyful returns.
To both you and John.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Leslie M-B said...

Happy belated birthday!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Happy happy birthday! And lucky Baby Blue, to share a birthday with John AND you!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home