Sunday, April 23, 2006

Elswhere's California Adventure: Day 1

(Apologies for the random placement of photos and captions; Blogger doesn't seem to know how to deal with images. But you can figure it out!)



1) I met Ms. Jane! She took me walking all up and down the city and also out for this incredible lunch. I forgot to get a snow globe for MG while I was in the tourist district, though. It was the only thing I'd promised her.





2) When I saw the train to Deadwood was double- decker, I knew I was going to a place of glamour and intrigue.



3) check out the clock tower!





4) Badger and I meet, and immediately whip out our respective cameras to document the moment.


5) Badger, checking the Dumpster of Wonders on the way to...



6) Whole Foods! Of fame and legend!



7) Laden with snack foods, we went to the park to meet Jo and Ep. Here are Jo and I grinning womanfully as we snap our own pictures. Doesn’t she look innocuous and smiley? You’d never know she has two wives and an entire robot army at her command; her mild-mannered disguise is flawless.


More coming, as soon as I can download more of these photos to *&^^%$# Blogger...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Tsao said...

Everything lines up perfectly when I view the post in Bloglines.

But anyway, love the pics! And the captions. And the pics! It was so great to hang out over bad mamas coffee. Glad your trip was fun for you.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Damn! You West Coast folks know how to have the fun blogger meet-ups.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that photo of me looking into the dumpster is the best ever.


I'm so going to steall all these photos and put them on my flickr account. if only you realized that there woudl be no resizing problems if you would take 5 minutes to make an account!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

badger's hair is wonderful.
grace looks thoughtful all the time. Does she wake up looking like that?

Thank you for the report and the pictures.

I have a whole foods .5 mile from me and I have to say . ..(whispering...) I like wild oats (1.5 miles away) better.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home