Saturday, February 19, 2005

Another Convert

You know, we bloggers can't be content with simply living our unhealthy lifestyle and congregating in seedy Mafia-owned bars...we must recruit. Heh, heh.

So I badgered my friend Rosie into starting a blog! She has a thrilling tale to tell: chock full of twists of fate, disasters, tenure travails, and one jaw-droppingly unfortunate e-mail incident that rivals Dooce's famous story both for narrative chops and cautionary value.

And I say this even though I'm jealous that Rosie has already, on her second post, garnered a complimentary comment from a complete stranger. (How well I recall my own early days, laboring in a veritable comment-free desert, floating my posts out like so many messages in bottles, mixing my metaphors freely, trudging to school for miles in the snow, uphill both ways... and I had to lick the floor clean!)

Ahem. Anyway, she's earned it. Read the whole post; you won't regret it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Ferguson said...

Did you have to also carry a hot potato in your hands to keep your fingers from freezing?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Udge said...

You had potatoes? Luxury. We had to wait for a cow to ... no, I won't continue.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

speaking of hardships, rosie has had a time of it. . .

I got to the email anecdote and was sure she'd done the same thing I once did -- sent a private email to everyone in my address book.

Kate, off to break the ice on the water bucket so I can heat water for the bath. Althought -- Udge, that's so ugh. No way anyone's gonna beat that.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Mieke said...

I am green with envy at Chez Miscarriage's 300+ comments on her last post. Sigh.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home